Friday 28 June 2013

SS - WILL LOVE FINDS ITS WAY? (PROLOGUE)


PROLOGUE 

"Hello!"
"Finally, I got you on line! Why weren't you picking my call? Stupid!"
"Payal, I'm really sorry. I was little busy with the boutique work. But, I definitely won't miss your marriage. I will come there a week before"
"Really?"
"Yeah! I'll attend all the pre-wedding customs and most importantly your wedding. Pakka promise!"
"So, when are you planning to come?"
"Umm' This weekend"
"Khushi! I'll kill you right away. My marriage is on next Wednesday, and my Mehendi function is going to be held day after tomorrow. And you are planning to come this weekend. And you didn't come for my engagement even. Didn't you get my wedding card?" Payal snorted angrily.
"I'm so so sorry! Really I haven't checked the dates. I'll book the tickets right now. Umm.. In Shimla right?" Khushi asked sheepishly.
"No! In Iraq... Of course in Shimla idiot! Better try to appear beforemehendi otherwise..'"
"Definitely I will be there by tomorrow! And I won't miss my friend's wedding, will I?"
Payal melted at her friend's words and calmed herself. "You know Khushi? Lavanya and NK are flying down tomorrow. It will be super fun. After all, we are meeting after three longs years" Payal sighed.
"Wow! Can't wait to see you all" Khushi exclaimed in excitement.
"Yeah! And even Arn-
"Payal, let's not talk about him" Khushi stopped Payal in the midway.
"I'm sorry Khushi. I didn't mean to hurt you"
"No, that's ok. I'm not hurt. I'll book the tickets and will reach you as soon as possible"
"I'll be waiting Khushi"
"Hmmm.. Bye"
"Bye Khushi! See you soon."
Khushi immediately disconnected the call and made a new call to book her tickets. But after trying all the travel agencies in the city, she came to a decision that she can't go to Shimla either by plane or train. The only left out option is BUS. Finally as a last hope she dialed to another travel agency for the tickets.
"Hello! Can I get two tickets to Shimla either for tonight or tomorrow morning?" Khushi asked directly avoiding the formalities.
"No Madam. All the tickets are booked for the next three days"
Khushi sighed and she really lost her hope but the person's next word eased her.
"But Ma'am...
"But??" Khushi asked him curiously.
"But Ma'am... We got a call this morning from a couple asking us to cancel their tickets because of their sudden change of plan. But we didn't cancel those tickets because as per our agency rules we won't cancel the tickets on the day of travelling. So if you want, you can try asking them by yourself.  Their number is 011 -2''.."
Khushi thanked him and quickly made a call to get the tickets.  But that call was again a waste of time because they already sold those tickets. But suddenly she recalled the conversation with the lady she called right now, saying that someone bought both the tickets in spite of travelling alone. She even remembered her saying that their ticket numbers were 29 and 30.  She decided that it would be perfect to reach the bus terminus and ask the person directly.
She quickly dumped her dresses into a suitcase and a back pack and left her home while asking her assistant to take care of her boutique. When she reached the bus stop, she was totally clueless and didn't know whom to approach. Then, she spotted an AC Volvo bus with a board stating from Delhi to Shimla. She made her way towards the bus and asked the driver about the tickets. The driver made her to wait on the foot board and came back in few seconds saying that the person is ready to give the ticket number 29 to her.
Khushi sighed happily and gave her luggage to keep it on the boot of the bus and headed towards her seat, while the bus started moving. She reached to her seat finally and cleared her throat to seek the attention of the person, as he bent down to pick up some magazine lying down.
When the person lifted his head to see her, Khushi almost choked seeing the man sitting in front of her. The last person she wanted to meet was him. All her past flashed in her mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment